Stylish Things   +  misattributions

jean royére fish tank.....
How did this actualJean Royére sconce designturn into thisgrossly misattributed table:Ok,I kinda, sorta, see a simialiaritywhen I have my glassses off and squint.There have been sooo manyof these tables for sale on 1st Dibs andI think it is terrible that they don't vet their site any better.(Do they vet it at all???)The site is a joke from a scholarly viewpoint….There are also 2 coming up for auctionon November 30thHow does this happen?Wishful thinking?Greed?Herd mentality?This particular attribution has driven me crazy for a while,and I actually have had pickers get pissed at me when I said that the table they were trying to sell me for
1200 bucks was not anywhere close to being Francofile's dream.Anyway,
it's time to end this here and now,and during my research into this fiasco,I came across a like-minded scholar who is a bitmore reserved in his criticism than I am, but has the goods to prove,
once and for all,
that thistable is NOT Jean Royére:And look at this travesty!12,033 euro for an American aquarium stand!!!Nice touch with the gold-leafing of the iron base....More
HERE&HERE
PS:Please send me more of these misattributions and I will post themif they are fucked-up enough.That reminds me about many other ones actually....more soon....