Stylish Things   +  welding

philolaos the greek rocks
Philolaos1923-2010
I did a post on this freak over 3 years ago,and had forgotten about himuntil I saw someone post a photo onInstagram ofPiasa Auctionscatalog of a sale of his work.And what did you know, the sale was previewingin Paris while I was there.So I went to see it right?Nope,I got lost, distracted, and forgot to gountil it was too late.Oh well,at least I have the catalog.
Here are some highlights:Philolaos is one suave dude huh?This is circa 1960 in Paris I believe.I love these welded steel bottles,all from the 1960s.Philolaos did furniture too!Not bad, these are circa 1970.Love his hands too....c.1967, '65 & '65Philolaos"Moustache" ArmoireUnique piece1969This is pretty sweet too, as is the monumental piece from 1983.The marble coupe is from 1975.PhilolaosThese are fountains in Val de Marne.c. 1960sPhilolaosUnique sculpture1968PhilolaosFountain1980Stud....
MoreHEREHEREand againHERE