Stylish Things   +  Italy

"new" carlo mollino book....
There is yet another Carlo Mollino book out and I finally fucking got it.I had to order it from Amazon UK.Maybe it's out in the US by now,I'm not sure. (Just checked, it is...)I could have bought it 7 months agoin London during Frieze,but I was feeling too lazy to haul it.Stupid me.Anyway, it's great. Get it.Here are some of my favorite picsand pieces from it.I have to say it wins best cover so far thisyear too....Quote by Carlo Mollino,drawing by Mr. Egyptian:Egyptian statue of the goddessTaweret.Drawing by Carlo Mollino for "L'amante del duca"1936So off... those tiny little figures to the right make me think of"Mulholland Drive"Carlo Mollino chair drawings and Carl hard at work....Carlo Mollino with Maria Rossi,both looking very handsome.1936Carlo Mollino"Untitled"1939Carlo Mollino's first Polaroid camera,Model 800.Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carl liked butterflies.Weird right? I just don't get it.....WHY would he collect butterflies???Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo MollinoPolaroid1962-1973Carlo Mollino1962Look at him there in the mirror...Ok, you can go back to looking at the prostitute model....Back cover ain't so bad either....
Buy here.
For moreMONDOBLOGOon Carlogo:herehereherehereandhere