Stylish Things   +  the past and the future....

creative playthings catalog
I've been messin'with the "office" libraryand finding some cool shit I forgot I had.Next up,a Creative Playthings catalog from1956.CoverGreat graphics.Anyone know who designed it?Looks like Herbert Matter to me,or someone pulling a Herbert.Ever pulled a Herbert?It's fun.These would have been a big help to me inMrs. Paine's math class.I wanted to kill her.She fucked with me constantly.Her class was right after lunch andI was on Sudafed all the time because ofmy allergies,so I was always half falling asleep,and she was alway on my ass.I had an actual opportunity to kill her once,years later...In a pouring rain storm she ran out in frontof my carin the Cordova Mall parking lotas I was leaving work.I'd be lying if I didn't admit,even if it was just for a split second, that I seriously consideredNOT putting on my brakes....We locked eyes after I came to a sliding stopinches from her.She looked terrified.For some reason I laughed,and she looked pissed,and in my book we were even....The "Turtle Tent" is pretty rad."Baby Turtle" was $40 bucks.This thing is awesome!It's called the "Fantastic Village"and consisted of 5 concrete and steel unitsfor only $1385, shipping not included.This won an award at MoMA.I'll have to look into that....This is great too,"Playpuddle".Comes with or without stand.$75 bucks.Noguchi eat your heart out....More awesomeness,this is the "Spiral Slide".$3600That would be $28,549.81 in 2010 dollars.No wonder you don't see many out there."Playwebs"Cool, artistic, creative family and animals fromAntonio Vitali.Lame, normal, devo family and animals byMitt Romney.Proto-Ro/Lu"Unit Blocks"I hated nap time.Now I LOVE nap time.I never get to nap anymore....I should get one of these cots for Mondo!This might as well be my new portrait....My goal from this point onis to be that kid....