Stylish Things   +  RIP

eva zeisel: a tribute to the hungarian hottie
Eva Zeisel"Self -Portrait"c. 1920s
I'm not sure why I haven't done a post on Eva Zeisel yet.I'm not much of a "dish queen",but I feel a little guilty it tookher death to get her onto the "pages" ofMONDOBLOGO.I also "lost" (just for a few days luckily) the monograph I had on her,so not only is her tribute overdue,but it is late!So here we go,better late than never....Eva ZeiselAt the potters wheel.1926Eva ZeiselHungarian Hottie!1931Eva ZeiselIn her Budapest studio.1926Eva ZeiselSugar bowl for Kispesterc. 1926Eva ZeiselCovered jar and vase for Schrambergc. 1929Eva ZeiselModernist line for Schrambergc. 1929Eva ZeiselInkwell for Schrambergc. 1929-30Eva ZeiselIn her Berlin studio.c. 1930Eva Zeisel"Museum" Coffeepot for Castletonc. 1942-45(This line was originally designed for the Museum of Modern Art.)Eva ZeiselInstallation at the Museum of Modern Art.1946Eva Zeisel"Town and Country" Dinnerwear for Red Wingc. 1946This is my personal favorite line.Eva Zeisel"Town and Country" Salt and pepper shakers for Red Wingc. 1946Better known as the "Shmoo".Eva ZeiselThis was her Riverside Drive studio on the Upper West Side.New Yorkc. 1950Eva Zeisel""Cloverwear" Plastic serving dishes1947I have never found a piece of this. If I did, I would keep it.It is clear green plastic and amazing.Eva Zeisel"Riverside" Pitcher for Riversidec. 1946-47I have had this and the matching cups.Eva Zeisel"Hallcraft/Tomorrow's Classic" Cruet, sauce bowl and ladle for Hallc. 1952Eva Zeisel"Hallcraft/Century" Platters and bowl for Hallc. 1957Eva ZeiselDinnerware for Manciolic. 1958Eva ZeiselWall divider for Mancioli1958Eva ZeiselBowls for Kispester-Granit1983Eva Zeisel getting cozy with Mr. Hasenstabat Western Stoneware.c. 1952Eva ZeiselSelecting just the right clay in the Claypit.Monmouth, Illinoisc. 1952Eva ZeiselMetal chair with fabric coverMilan Triennale1964Eva ZeiselArt imitates life... Eva with her daughter.n.d.Eva ZeiselAt work on a model for Kispester-Granit.c. 1980s
All photos from the excellent monograph and exhibition catalogfrom 1984,"Eva Zeisel: Designer for Industry"
R.I.P. Eva....