Stylish Things   +  Walker Evans

perfect documents: walker evans and african art
I found this little jewel in the remaindersbin at Walther König.The catalog is from 2000 and coincided with the exhibition"Perfect Documents: Walker Evans and African Art, 1935"at the Met.I love African art, well about 1/2 of it,but that is saying a lot.Great African art takes my breath away, and the worst makes me want kill.Nice dichotomy. But I think that's trueabout most things I feel strongly about.Love/Hate. Kiss/Punch. Slurp it up/Vomit it out....All photos are by the sublimely awesome Walker Evans,except for one. Who can tell me which one is not by Walker?I kinda have a man crush on anyone named Walker.My favorite fishing guide is named Walker.It got a little uncomfortable in the boat once while he was baiting my hook,but I digress....Buy your copy here.Related MONDOBLOGOpostHERE.You know what?THIS POST AIN'T OVER!I live with a great mask and he/she started talking to me while finishing-up andI figured why not throw some pics in.So here you go:Brimfield score.Sweet.