Stylish Things   +  PAD Fair

1st proper day in london
So after a bit of sleep,I was ready to venture into London.Nice walk through the woods to get to the train station.I managed not to get lost.I always love a good tunnel.Very Freudian of me I guess....And a little narcissism....The mind is an interesting place....Mind reader....Who is that bloke in the pink shirt?I got a bit lost on the way to Christie's,but ran into this, so I was very happy.Tatlin's Monument to the 3rd Internationaljust sitting there in the courtyard of Burlington House.Too bad I am going to miss the exhibition.On to Christie's to preview the art sales.Wonder what this could be about....What's so challenging about 3 flag poles?Wait, maybe it is the picture of Brook Shields crying?Ok, now I get it,It's the boy that has been hung from the flag pole!You so cRaZy Maurizio!Fuck yeah it is!Well, it used to be....I liked this a lot.Perfect for those pesky barefoot door to door salesmen.Mona HatoumDoormat II2001Alway like...Funny it is titled on the back"Echoed" (Homage to the Square) Albers '54".I don't remember seeing them referred to anything but "HTTS".Very dramatic but effectivedisplay of the Manzoni.Leaving Christie's with Simon to get a pint, and we ran into this jewel.Better than ANY of the art on display,well, maybe not all, but definitely 90%of it.Look at this thang!British heart with an Italian body....I believe this is a 1965 DB5.Sexy Sick!No wonder James Bond drove one....Time for a pint with the punters!Rather fancy punters I must say,but we are in Mayfair.On to the P.A.D. Fair vernissage.Why are all the big design fairs now in tents?I didn't take that many pictures at the fair unfortunately,it was mostly chattin' people up.I'm going back and will take more...This Sottsass totem was in the Friedman / Benda Booth.The entire booth was Sottsass ceramics.Killer.This pic is for you Jim W.This was my favorite piece in the fair so far.I would tell you who it was by, and whose booth it was innormally,but I'm thinking of buying it and there are only 4 left in the edition!It would be a perfect solution to storing things that tick....I loved this tiny Carl Andre from 1959.If I had had a couple of more pints it might have gone right in my pocket....!