Stylish Things   +  raggety olde hobo

raggedy olde hobo mystery chair
Sorry for no posts in 3 days!I'm pretty sure that is a record....I've just been slammed with workand after-work activitieslately.(Plus the earthquake,that really took me out of the loop for about 29 seconds....)One of my biggest challenges has been trying towrestle control of my storage!What a disaster, but I have been running across some gems....I'm not sure if this qualifies as a gem,maybe a diamond in the rough,or maybe just a pile of oily rags....The question is,what is this dang deal?I've never seen this chair before,and if it is one of my books,I never noticed it,but I think I would have because it is so cool.I have no clue where I found it,no memory at all, which is weird for me....This is what I think I know about it:1. It is American, although it could be Canadian.2. It's from the late 1940s, early 1950s.3. It has a limited production feel to it.Maybe not a prototype feel,but I'm guessing they didn't make too many of these.The back is some sort of composite material,not plastic, but like a flexible Masonite maybe?The fabric is shot and filthy,but it was in an earlier lifea very nice wool.This shot makes me think of a Donald Knorr chair.... Even the leg construction is similar...kinda....It's just a raggedy olde hobo chairlanguishing in a crazy expensive storage space in Tribeca...UNLESS!You know what it is....