Stylish Things   +  kids furniture

anatomy of a chair: gaetano pesce for kids
I had to get my kids chair collectionall orgin-a-zized because a museum that will remain nameless(only because they have not officially announced the show)is putting on a huge exhibitionon children's furniture andthey had heard that I had a few examples....I dug this happy little piglet from the dust pitwhere he had been sitting since 2001.The last time he saw the light of day was when we did a show of kids' chairs.It opened on September 13th, 2001.Nice timing huh?Not surprisingly not many people saw it.But,I kept the collection intact, and have built on it little by little over the years.I'm not sure how many pieces there are...85, 100, 125 even....The curators and their assistant were reallyhappy with what they saw.I was happy they could see past the dirt!It was great to go through each piece with them.Their fresh eyes found labels and construction details I had never noticed.Fun for a furniture geek like me!!!Anyway, I had to bring this funny little jokerback to Mondo.It really was unfair that I had kept him lockedup for so long....Each one of these of piecesfrom the "Open Sky" series were handmade.I think the series is from 1999.Sit on my face!(Is this really appropriate for small children?)Gaetano Pesce"Open Sky" Kids Chair1999