Stylish Things   +  magazines

college kites 1957
I askedmy buddyMattwhat he wanted to see on MONDOBLOGOand he saidENOUGHwith all that Italian Design."Gimmie something AMERICANGod Dammit!"So,here you go Matt,what's more American than Flying a kite?At collegenoless....These images come from the University of Illinois"Kite Derby Day"All the entrysshown hereare from the sophomores in thedepartment of Indusrtrial Design.This is Henry Hosman's design.Wonder what happened to oldHenry?I wanna go back to school....Wait,no I don't.CrystallineLove this entry,buthe had to add a tail to get it to fly.Bummer dude.Leave it to the Professorsto come up with somethinglike the this...Very hummingbird-like.I like these...Too Stelth Bomber-likeKenneth Newstrom.Wait,this predates the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spiritby30 years!Nice job Kenny!More like itRaymond Pittman.ArtDon't you wish you could see this in color?I bet it was beautiful....Shocking!