Stylish Things   +  woodcarving

e. a. mckillop "a born carving man"
Every time I hitthe antique trail down hereI dream of findingaMcKillop.
(That's Edgar on the left.)
I don't think it will ever happen,but if it does,I know one thing,I willNEVER sell it!"Man with Snake""Hippocerous"
This is record player,well, a Victrola player!(It's now in the collectionof theAbby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum.)"Defender of Liberty"
Edgar started carving spontaneouslyafter being told he could have 4 black walnut treesif he cut them down and hauled them away.That started a 10 year creative burstthat you see here."Clock with Animal Pediment""Fiddler""Squirrel Holding Nut"Balfour, NC is about a 30 minute drive from where I am now."Standing Bear""Kangaroo""Gorilla""Mountain Lion""Donkey"I mean "Owl""Bird with Spread Wings""Man's Head"(Attributed to Edgar, and probably part of a larger work.)"Eagle"(Attributed to Edgar)
Edgar A. McKillop1879-1950
Thanks to "May We All Remember WellA Journal of the History & Culture of Western North Carolina"Volume 1
Robert S. BrunkEditor