Stylish Things   +  Art

slice-a-slice
I cut my hand slicing a bagelat my new brother-in-law's parent's apartmentduring the post-wedding brunch.My friend Sara said that would not havehappenedIF I had had my Slice-a-Slice with me....Kinda Prouve-like with the perforated metalandthe rubber feet isn't it?ThinEasy to store.SimpleFun to photograph.Lots of fun.These are the handles.Open.The wood strip at the bottom isa littleodd.Not as deadly as the knife,but still,be carefulevenwith your Slice-a-Slice!Prouve again.I learned about Slice-a-Slicefrom my 98 year old grandmother Mammy.She likes her toast thin.I saw hers and had to get one.The patent date dates it to 1939.(Mammy bought hers new in the 40s.)UPDATE:I just did a patent search and itwas designed byArthur Katzinger.Nice job Art!"is especially applicable to the preparationof serving dainty-type sandwichesas carried onincidentally inthe home."
Sounds like Mammy for sure.....
If I were you,I'd say it's time to get aSlice-a-Slice....