Stylish Things   +  vacation

sid's place
I've always loved this building.Sid Barnett's Machine Shop.No one on the mountain can remember it being open.Today I finally stoppedand took a few pics.As I was taking picturesI heard someone yellingat me from across thestreet:"HEY, HEY, NO TRESPASSING!SHE'LL / I'LL (?) CALL THE LAW ON YOU!!!"I yelled, nicely) (over the din of the traffic)back to the nice ladywho was standingin the doorway of her trailer in apink and green house dressthat I was just taking a few pictures and she said:"HEY, HEY, NO TRESPASSING!"SHE'LL / I'LL CALL THE LAW ON YOU!"I said again, nicely, that I was just taking a few pictures, showed hermy camera, and she said:"HEY, HEY, NO TRESPASSING!"SHE'LL / I'LL CALL THE LAW ON YOU!"I flatly stated over the din of the trafficthat I was on County property(Transylvania County, btw)and that I would continue to take pictures.She stared blankly from her single-wideand closed the door.Not 2 minutes later,up roll the PO-lease,and they just slowed down, and thenkept on rollin'.I kept shooting.This was a hard shot.The windows were FILTHYand it was near dark,outside and inside,but with a little tweakingyou can see what a time warp it is inside.This shot came out weird,but cool,It is an old jar filled withball bearings and rocks.There's the sign.The place is huge.There is a giant open shed behind this that looked amazing too.But I didn't want to press my luck.It looked like one daypossibly in the 1960s or 70sthat they just up and closedwithout even clearing off their desks.The window were so filty,but it looked AMAZING inside.I would kill to get in there to see themachines and tools that were alljust sitting there ina state of suspended animation....Maybe one day....