Stylish Things   +  rare books

Alexandre Noll
Sometimes your librarysurprises you."Where'd I get that?Oh yeah!!!Forgot about that one...."Here is one of those pleasant surprises.Brought to us circa 1988byGalerie 1950 Alanof Gay Pair-ee.Beautiful handmade bright orange portfoliowith tipped in duotone plates.500 copies.There's the man the portfolio is all aboutAlexandre Noll,the AMAZING mid-centuryFrench sculptorand furniture maker.Ok, this sculpture is nice and all,but WHATis that egg thang in the studio behind it???F-ing Amazing!Fred Flintstone meetsa bank vault meetswell, meets no one,this is really it's own thing....Detail of the handle.Table top sculpture.LoveLuvReally like.Wouldn't kick it off the credenza for eating crackers.If I had to, I would.SpeechlessLoversGive it time....Detail of some drawer pulls.Am I missing a plate???The background is what interests me here....I would love to seemore studio shots....HUM,Maybe next post....Creme de la creme!Not that it matters, but an exampleof this chair sold at Sotheby'sin 2003for$680,000.00Why not, if you have that kinda juice?I know I would....