Stylish Things   +  upper east side

the upper east side scares me....
I was headed to the Whitney to see the Biennial, (finally)when I passed this shop.I think it was Michael Bastian?Pretty sure, anyway, they struck me as odd, beautiful, and hideousall at the same time.But mostly they were disturbing.I could go into why, but I'm sure I would offend someone, but what I will say is that they have a feeling of...emptiness?I just have a feeling that the person who would wear these would somehow be sad?And kind of scary, but not in a good or cool way, like saya leather clad biker can be scary, but also cool looking at the same time.A WASPy dude (I am making a BIG jump here when I ass-u-me that this is MB's client base.) rocking these would REALLY scare me, and would be TOTALLYuncool.That sounds mean and unfair doesn't it?God, I don't know. Why do I even bother thinking about these kinds of things!I took a picture of these Hitler Slippers shoes for a reason though.So here they are.How do they make you feel?OK,Just before posting this, I went to Michael Bastian's website,just to check it out.And you know what,it does scare me.This was the first shot I looked at:Terrifying, for SO many reasons....