Stylish Things   +  New York City

less is judd or art + architecture = happy 2
Ever since I saw the "Donald Judd and 101 Spring Street" show at Nicolas Robinson Gallery(which closesthis Saturday BTW.GO SEE IT!)I couldn't stop thinking about the interior.Instead of buying a stack of new books as I tend to do when I get obsessed,I decided to see what I could find in house, and came up with an old auction catalog from 2006.It was the Judd Foundation sale at Christie's,the proceeds of which were to go to renovations of the Spring Street space, which is about to happen,and Marfa.(What took so long?)So, nice connection, nice pictures, and a good cause.(The sale made the Judd foundation VERY happy, it grossed $21,851,040.00)I didn't make a penny, butArt + architecture really does make me happy!101 Spring StreetThat damn perfect bedroom again!Mr Judd in MarfaNational Gallery of Canada, 1974Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven, 1979Whitechapel Art Gallery, London, 1970Casa PerezJudd with his kids Flavin ansd Rainer, Marfa 1974101 SpringDittoIbidLas CasasCasa MoralesArchitecture Studio, MarfaSameRanch Office, MarfaCobb House, MarfaMain Library, MarfaI know we have seen this picture a million times, but it is still cool....Well, if that doesn't make you wanna take the drive to Texas,I don't know what would!